Thursday, June 27, 2013

My magic dose

I know I've been off the blog for a few days, but I'm okay with that. A lot has been going on that has been keeping me busy, which doesn't leave much time for me to write. I'm working on a separate post about what's been keeping me busy, but I wanted to write about what's been happening at the RE since my last RE post.
We went in on June 20, 22, 24 and yesterday. Which means that in the last two weeks, I've been stabbed in the vein 7 times! The nurse doing the blood draw today commented that I have scar tissue forming because of all the pokes.

For the ease in explaining all that's happened with my dosing and body, please reference the following chart:

DateCycle DayFollistim DoseE2 LevelLining ThicknessFollicle measurementEvents
12-JunCD3110.72.88 Homogenous
50
13-JunCD425
14-JunCD550
15-JunCD625
16-JunCD7101.56.03 Multi-layered
50
17-JunCD850
18-JunCD9103.24.14 Multi-layered
75
19-JunCD1075
20-JunCD11115.25.76 Multi-layered
100
21-JunCD12100
22-JunCD13214.47.73 Multi-layered
75
23-JunCD1475
24-JunCD15341.39.83 Multi-layered12.57
75
25-JunCD1675
26-JunCD17419.110.88 Multi-layered15.03, 11.44, 10.04
75
27-JunCD18Trigger
28-JunCD19IUI
29-JunCD20IUI


So, after the lackluster increase in my estrogen levels and no follicular growth on June 18, we upped my dose to 100. Then, on June 22, we went in for another u/s. There was still no follicular growth, but my estrogen did increase, which was shown by my increased lining. After my estrogen levels came back, my called me, on my cell, and left me a voicemail letting me know that we were going to drop back down to 75 units! What??? Because my estrogen almost doubled, but didn't produce any follicular growth, we needed to scale back on my follistim.

Finally, finally, finally on Monday (6/24) we had ONE measurable follicle!!!!!!! And my lining is AWESOME! What a relief to feel that we weren't in a holding pattern any more looking for that magical dose, that my lining was doing great, and that we were have ONE follicle break away, instead of the usual two that we've seen in the last two cycles.

So, we stuck at 75units on Monday and Tuesday and went in yesterday, for the 7th blood draw and u/s this cycle. First, we did the blood draw. Then we did the u/s and saw the amazing 10.88mm lining. This is, by far, the thickest lining I've ever had, and since I've gotten pregnant with much thinner linings, I only have hope for a nice, good, solid implantation this time. Then it was time for the ovaries with still only ONE in the lead at 15.03!!!! This caused RE to have to spend a moment staring at my measurements while trying to figure out what to do next. After his reflective moment, he came up with our plan.

I was to take 75units last night, which he estimates would get the lead follicle up to 17mm by the time I ovulate. Our last two cycles I've gotten pregnant with follicles less than 16, so we're comfortable with that size follice (some clinics wait until the lead follicle is between 18mm and 20mm before triggering). I am to trigger tonight, with IUI's on Friday and Saturday.

Like last cycle, I'm not sure if I'm setting myself up for despair, but I'm very hopeful for this cycle. My lining is great and we grew ONE follicle. With Firefly's cycle, we conceived on a Thursday. Thursday was the day of the week that Oscar and Bella were born. This cycle, we are conceiving on Saturday. Gus and Tittle were conceived on a Saturday. I'm also looking at the dates. I will conceive in June, test in July and have a headcount u/s in August. There is no other way that we could incorporate more family members into this hopeful pregnancy. Firefly only existed in June. Jon's birthday is in June. Oscar's and Bella's birthday is in July. Gus' birthday is in August. To have this one hopeful pregnancy span the three months of the year that can include all but 2 of the family members, I think, has to mean something. We will likely find out sex during October, my birth month. This only leaves out Tittle, who we know is sneaky. So, we'll just have to wait and find out how he works himself into this pregnancy.

Is it wrong of me to be so positive about this cycle working? Am I just setting myself up for feelings of despair and failure? I hope not. Jon and I have NEVER had to fight so hard during a cycle to grow follicles and get pregnant. I have to believe that this means that this cycle is going to work.

I just have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment